Up, down, up down. That’s life here in Bend, Oregon. Up one mountain, or stream, or trail, or rock wall, and down another. Makes ya parched! So, we’re always up for a cool, fresh brew when we get down. Like this one. Descender is dedicated to our hometown of Bend – an adventurer’s paradise where people are up to all kinds of outdoor fun and have a thirst for the GoodLife.
Descender IPA is a blend of a big, true NW IPA mixed with some West Coast style. We balance the bitterness with the aromatics of the hops to make this a downright enjoyable IPA. Bottoms up!
From the Brewer’s
Pine and creamy citrus notes dominate the nose and combine well with subtle tropical/peach notes. A light bodied mouthfeel and playful bitterness allow bright citrus flavors to shine through. A slight back end bitterness reminds you that this is a classic northwest style IPA.
- 2012 KLCC Brewfest People’s Choice Award – Eugene, Oregon
- 2012 Pouring At The Coast People’s Choice Award – Seaside, Oregon
- 2012 Blitz Ladd IPA Challenge Winner – Portland, Oregon
- 2013 Pouring At The Coast People’s Choice Award – Seaside, Oregon
- Gold @ 2016 Canfest
- Silver @ 2017 US Open Beer Championship
- Gold @ 2017 Tastings World Beer Championships